University studies in Law, Social Science, Political Science or related topics.
Comprehensive knowledge about migration and asylum in Austria are prerequisites for a successful application.
Proven experience in research and excellent writing style are also required.
Excellent command of German and English, knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
SPECIFIC DUTIES REGARDING THE AUSTRIAN DEPARTMENT
The main responsibility of the Research Intern of IOM Vienna is to assist in research work conducted in the framework of the European Migration Network (EMN). Furthermore, the Research Intern assists in the research work in the field of Migration Law and is also able to draft parts of the studies independently.
Further duties of the Intern are:
1. Assist IOM Vienna in looking after the IOM Library. The main task is to include already existing and new publications in the online database.
2. Assist IOM Vienna in handling incoming requests for information and support regarding migration and asylum in Austria.
3. Translate any texts from German into English and English into German.
4. Administrative support in the planning, organisation and implementation of projects, conferences and the network.
5. When requested and in relation to other general tasks, attend meetings, seminars, workshops and take notes for the file.
6. Perform any other tasks that may be assigned.
The minimum duration of the internship is 3 months with 40 hrs work per week. The internship is remunerated with an amount of 400 € per month. Interviews are conducted at the office in Vienna or if not otherwise possible, by Skype. Travel costs cannot be reimbursed by IOM Vienna. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.