1. Acting as the UNDP representative and focal point on all issues associated with Livelihoods & Economic
2. Being in close coordination with the LHSP CTA, acting as the UNDP focal point on the upcoming Joint ILO/UNDP project
which is about to start and that will include a significant component on asset development through labour intensive
3. Taking the lead in scaling up the existing interventions that are working with SME Support and Start Ups and
Employability of women and young people
4. Representing UNDP in the Livelihoods sector working group
5. Building and establishing meaningful partnerships with other actors working in the livelihoods sector
To be eligible, the applicant must have a Master Degree in Economics, Business Development, Rural Development, Planning,
Agriculture, or other fields directly related to livelihoods and Economic Development
with proven background in research work as well.
In addition, the applicant should have:
At least 7 years field experience, a significant part of which would be from countries in special development situations;
Extensive experience at the national or international level in providing policy advisory services on Livelihoods/Economic Development programming;
Extensive experience of designing and mobilizing resources in the
Livelihoods/Economic Development sphere.
Knowledge and practical experience of implementing recovery initiatives in
crisis contexts, with international/UN agencies or government institutions.
Hands-on experience in the establishment of monitoring frameworks for
Livelihoods/Economic Development Programmes;
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages,
experience in handling of web based management systems (Atlas);
Knowledge and experience from protracted crises is desirable.
Knowledge and experience of having worked in the Middle East is desirable.
*Fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic and French would be an asset.