E-learning course on Entrepreneurship for Migrants and Refugees
Type of event
Join us for a free e-learning course on Entrepreneurship for Migrants and Refugees. This six-week course starts 6 July 2020.
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM) have brought together their technical expertise and practical knowledge to collaboratively developed a Policy Guide on Entrepreneurship for Migrants and Refugees, published in 2018. In order to complement this endeavour, UNCTAD, UNCHR and IOM have joined efforts with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) to develop this e-learning course Entrepreneurship for Migrants and Refugees.
The course aims at strengthening the competences required by policymakers and practitioners for overcoming some of the challenges on economic and social inclusion for migrants and refugees while understanding the benefits of promoting entrepreneurship to this end because of its nexus to sustainable development. At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe different benefits of promoting entrepreneurship for migrants and refugees and its impact on sustainable development.
- Identify the challenges faced by migrant and refugee entrepreneurs.
- Recognise policy objectives and policy options.
- Identify ways to support entrepreneurship among migrants and refugees in both developed and developing countries.
- Relate case studies and good practices from policies, programmes and initiatives in both developed and developing countries.
The next edition of this course starts on 6 July. Registrations are open now - register now for free!