Mainstreaming Migration into International Cooperation and Development (MMICD)
Related Sustainable Development Goals and Global Compact for Migration Objectives
The Mainstreaming Migration into International Cooperation and Development (MMICD) training brings the content of the MMICD Guidelines and Toolkits to life through a blended learning approach that consists of: (1) a self-paced e-learning course to learn the main concepts and build a solid understanding of what to do and how to do it, and (2) complementary interactive webinars with IOM experts to apply the learnings in practice.
The purpose of the training is to help participants:
- Deepen their understanding of the linkages between migration and sustainable development;
- Acquire knowledge and skills on how to apply the MMICD tools to integrate migration into specific development sectors.
The training is aiming at international cooperation and development actors, specifically EU institutions and EU delegations, EU member states, development partners, government authorities in partner countries and other donors.
- Module 1: Migration and Sustainable Development
- Module 2: Integrating Migration into International Cooperation and Development
- Module 3: Integrating Migration Across Development Sectors (self-selection of various sectors of interest)