My JMDI Toolbox on Migration and Local Development
Related Sustainable Development Goals and Global Compact for Migration Objectives
The JMDI Toolbox is the most comprehensive toolkit for all stakeholders working on migration and development at the local level (local and national authorities, civil society, migrants’ associations, academia, international organizations, etc.). The state-of-the-art toolbox was designed through years of interagency experience gathered through the implementation of several global projects. Its guidance enables practitioners to maximize the potential of migration for local development by integrating the needs, voice and resources that migrants possess into local development planning. This document is a central pillar of local-level guidance on M&SD.
The Toolbox is separated into 6 modules, a set of identified good practices and a list of further resources and courses to support local actors in their M&SD efforts. It is also accompanied by an e-course to support practitioners' learning. It can serve as a foundational introduction to the topic of migration and sustainable development at the local level or practitioners may find advanced guidance for their particular thematic and operational area.
- Forewords: Donors and Implementing Partners [ENG] [FR] [ESP] [AR]
- My JMDI User Guide [ENG] [FR] [ESP] [AR]
- Training Modules:
- Core Module: Introduction to Migration and Local Development [ENG] [FR] [ESP] [AR]
- Module 1: Managing the link between migration and development [ENG] [FR] [ESP] [AR]
- Module 2: Establishing partnerships, cooperation and dialogue on M&D at local level [ENG] [FR] [ESP] [AR]
- Module 3: Empowering migrants at the territorial level [ENG] [FR] [ESP] [AR]
- Module 4: Creating jobs and economic opportunities at the local level [ENG] [FR] [ESP] [AR]
- Module 5: Increasing the impact on development through integration and re-integration policies [ENG] [FR] [ESP] [AR]
- Good Practices [ENG] [FR] [ESP] [AR]
- References: Complementary tools and training manuals from other M&SD actors and JMDI partners such as UN Women, IOM, ILO, OHCHR, Cities Alliance and more covering a wide range of topics from local governance, integration, gender and human rights-based approaches to development and labour migration [ENG] [FR] [ESP] [AR]