E learning course on Entrepreneurship for Migrants and Refugees
In 2018, UNCTAD, IOM and UNHCR published a Policy Guide on Entrepreneurship for Migrants and Refugees. This Policy Guide now has an online e-learning, the "E learning course on Entrepreneurship for Migrants and Refugees."
This e-course strengthens the competencies of policymakers and practitioners to support entrepreneurial activity by and for refugees and migrants, and to address barriers to economic activity. Policies that promote inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystems for the most vulnerable and marginalized are essential in order to create a more level playing field and equal opportunities for migrant and refugee entrepreneurs.
The online course was launched at the GFMD on 22nd January 2020 and is envisaged as an open online course primarily for policymakers and practitioners. It is designed as an inter-agency (IOM, UNITAR, UNHCR, UNCTAD) tool.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe different benefits of promoting entrepreneurship for migrants and refugees and its impact on sustainable development.
- Identify the challenges faced by migrant and refugee entrepreneurs.
- Recognise policy objectives and policy options.
- Identify ways to support entrepreneurship among migrants and refugees in both developed and developing countries.
- Relate case studies and good practices from policies, programmes and initiatives in both developed and developing countries.
The 6 week online course (2nd March to 13th April 2020) will be open for registration.